NewRay RailRoadN

Hello

I have a question about the NewRay RaildRoadN series. I know it is defiantly a toy rather than a model however I always find myself being attracted towards them (mainly sue to their portability and simplicity). The system works by charging a rechargeable battery on board the train (when the train stops at a battery bank where it is charged from). However I have had a train where the battery has leaked so I need to replace it. The problem is that I am not sure on what type of battery it is!

I contacted someone on YouTube who does lots of videos on disassembling electronics whom suggested that it could be a 1/4 AAA and 1/3 AAA battery put together. I tried this however the train doesn't seem to respond how it suppose to. The train is meant to have a short charging session and then release all the energy at a continue speed until it runs out however the 1/4AAA and 1/3AAA batteries I have purchased work by letting the energy out quickly at first but then gradually getting slower and slower. I have attached a picture in case anyone can help me find out what type of battery it is!

595df6bf_2d5e_4bfb_8d5f_a448b1fada0b.jpg

(Yes - there is a loose wire in this one (as I discovered when I took this with me on holiday!) and this one now works fine but uses the same battery as the other!)

Archived