First Great Western HST coach transfers - help...!

After a period of famine it is at the current time possible to purchase FGW neon livery HST power cars and matching coaches from Hornby with the exception of the buffet which is a highly elusive beast. The buffets that were made by Hornby in the most recent batch also omitted the correct roof detailing, so repainting is the preferred route to getting a buffet car on both price and accuracy

In addition, a fair few FGW liveried HSTs are now running around with mini-buffets converted from SOs; these sets have also had one of the FOs converted to a composite format. Neither of these variants have been modelled by Hornby but both ought easy to create from the existing coaches. However I am really struggling to find anyone who makes suitable transfers. I suspect there is a licensing issue that means too many hurdles for a proprietary manufacturer.

I've got some full length neon striping coming my way from Australia where a supplier can custom make them to order; numbers and general markings can be obtained but it would be good to source the coach letters (white letter on a barbie pink background) as well as the First Great Western logos. At a push I could try and make them myself, but if anyone else has made or managed to source these I would be grateful for any help or pointers.    

Archived