REE Draisine DU 65 pt2

w124bob

Well it arrived this morning , very impressed too. Mine came with sound and is from the first run epoch 4/5. Straight out of the box it ran very smoothly but does need clean track(can't blame REE for that) Zimo decoder gives smooth near silent running and the various engine and horn sounds are clear considering the speaker size. Automatic brake squeal with enough start and stop momentum to not need not need any CV's changing. Three different functions for various horn sounds with directional lighting F0 for off and on plus F5 does the interior light. F6 is shunt mode but I could see no difference, it really creeps forward in speed step 1 with the default set for 128. There is no provision for any coupling at the front just a fake screw link to add, the rear can have variuos NEM styles (but not Kadee) with 2 supllied . Only critisium is the brightness of the lights, the headlights for the trailing end make the entire housing glow , 2 options, try CV60 to adjust brightness or turn off once I organise a trailer wagon or two. A little weathering and adding personel will do for now.

Archived