Collett and Hawksworth stock

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply OTB. In the end, I braved the loft and recovered a Hawksworth, taking it to Halfords to match its brown against one of their hundreds of colour swatches for them to mix me an aerosol. Always worked before. However, they only mix paints to codes now and I'm told have abandoned the brilliant service that they used to offer. In the end, I bought a tin of Peugeot Cafe Noir, a very nice dark brown which although perhaps a shade too brown, still looks very good and is light years ahead of Rover Russet brown.

It has been applied to some Comet H33 dining car sides which I've attached to a Hornby Railroad bow-ended dining car. Obviously there's a little bit more to it than just attaching the sides but it's looking good.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the reply OTB. In the end, I braved the loft and recovered a Hawksworth, taking it to Halfords to match its brown against one of their hundreds of colour swatches for them to mix me an aerosol. Always worked before. However, they only mix paints to codes now and I'm told have abandoned the brilliant service that they used to offer. In the end, I bought a tin of Peugeot Cafe Noir, a very nice dark brown which although perhaps a shade too brown, still looks very good and is light years ahead of Rover Russet brown.

It has been applied to some Comet H33 dining car sides which I've attached to a Hornby Railroad bow-ended dining car. Obviously there's a little bit more to it than just attaching the sides but it's looking good.

Tony

The list can be endless the most noticed one's I think are the roof vents, corridor connectors buffers and the hand rails to access the roof, also add gas tanks to the dining car all available from Wizard Models (Comet stuff)

• 4 weeks later...

I had been meaning to do one of these for a while Alan, it was your RM article which eventually spurred me on. The coach is nearly finished and I'll post the build blog in the GW section once complete. You are acknowledged in the blog.

Tony

Archived