Eye Candy - Bleeker Street

shortliner

Pretty sure we've done this one before because it is on a way-back thread that has popped up again - but good eye candy always deserves a second look - and this IS good

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18983&whichpage=1 NB The pictures are all on this page - the other 5 pages are all discussion.

That's some beautiful urban modelling there, and the lighting for the nocturnal scenes. It just needs a Tom Waits soundtrack.

I thought 'Billy Montana' was one of Andy Warhol's friends at the factory?

While the modelling is obviously good, it suffers from the same problem I find many American models suffer.  Too many cameos and scenes in a small area make it seem too toylike for me. I can understand maybe one or two cameos in the span of a foot, but it seems more like 6 or more in just a couple photos.   Now the dark photos of the empty street are good, and demonstrate that putting little scenes everywhere isnt needed to make a photo interesting.  

While the modelling is obviously good, it suffers from the same problem I find many American models suffer. Too many cameos and scenes in a small area make it seem too toylike for me. I can understand maybe one or two cameos in the span of a foot, but it seems more like 6 or more in just a couple photos. Now the dark photos of the empty street are good, and demonstrate that putting little scenes everywhere isnt needed to make a photo interesting.

I agree, lots of excellent modelling, but too many "scenes". They're very good individually though, and it all helps with the ideas...

Archived