Old Forum 2007-2009 Login and Search Problems

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

I've just tried to login to the old forum (2007-09) and although it seems to accept a login initially I get kicked out after a few seconds.

Also, the search facility seems to be missing, which means I can't find a thread I was looking for.

Is the old forum functionality being wound down now?

TIA

• RMweb Gold

You don't need to log in. You can see most (all?) of it via Google.

On Google, enter this format:

search words words site:rmweb.co.uk/forum/

I just tried:

peco site:rmweb.co.uk/forum/

and got over 2,000 results!

regards,

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

You don't need to log in. You can see most (all?) of it via Google.

On Google, enter this format:

search words words site:rmweb.co.uk/forum/

I just tried:

peco site:rmweb.co.uk/forum/

and got over 2,000 results!

regards,

Martin.

I didn't realise it was possible to limit the search on Google to the archive forum. Thanks, useful to know.

However, I'd still prefer to be able to log in to see my profile and posts via that, but it's not vital.

• RMweb Gold

I didn't realise it was possible to limit the search on Google to the archive forum. Thanks, useful to know.

However, I'd still prefer to be able to log in to see my profile and posts via that, but it's not vital.

Hi Ian,

That Google format works with any web site, it's not specific to RMweb.

You can see pages containing your own posts by including your user name in the Google search terms. For best results put it in quotes. For example:

"Ian J" coach transfers site:rmweb.co.uk/forum/

produces a page of results.

Unfortunately the old forum software is not compatible with modern browsers, the login produces errors like this:

post-1103-0-82506300-1472323178.png

The phpBB software has had numerous updates and fixes over the years since 2009. I doubt Andy wants to spend the time and effort completely updating it to the current release, and without that the old login almost certainly contains security risks.

There is a vast amount of rich content on the old RMweb, it's great that Andy continues to make it available to all. For anyone who joined RMweb since 2009 it is well worth a browse:

http://rmweb.co.uk/forum/

regards,

Martin.

Archived