The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

VIEW FROM LESS JUNIOR DOCTOR

DOCJACOB

• RMweb Gold
Having done the Brexit where does employing Dr's from EU stand with transferable qualifcations??

As far as Brexit goes - nothing has changed yet, we are still members of the EU (and will be until we invoke Article 50 and negotiate out) and therefore all existing EU legislation is still applicable.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

This whole business has now got me completely puzzled - and i was pretty puzzled to start with.  While the contract has been imposed (in itself hardly a novel process, that sort of thing has been going on in private companies and even state owned industries for several decades) my understanding was that most of it had actually been agreed in negotiation with very few, allegedly minor, outstanding items.

Thus I find it impossible to understand why yet more strikes have been called - and can only put it down to some sort of malicious politicking rather than any sort of 'industrial action' designed to achieve something though negotiation.  Sort of - I've had a rather good hefty basic pay rise (which happens to be pensionable) so I'm going on strike to say thank you - very odd.

Yet again the spokes people seem to be presenting a confusing message with one talking about 'safety' (the most over-worked and abused word in the strikers' current lexicon) while another said it was about enhanced rates at weekends (they should be so lucky - the last time I was paid an enhanced rate for working at weekends was in March 1974, I got nothing extra for extra hours worked or working at weekends or nights for the following 25 years with that employer (a nationalised industry as it happens) and my son gets nothing extra for weekend work in any job he has ever done.  So my sympathy quotient has been exhausted I'm sorry to say while my blood pressure - assuming I can find someone to measure it - might well be likely to rise.

Sending in the military is a rather interesting idea - I have known a number of Doctors who were in various of the armed forces reserves so maybe they could be mobilised

As far as foreign Doctors are concerned the situation will I hope become simple - they won't be allowed to work in Britain unless they first pass a qualifying language test and possibly they might also need some sort of knowledge test as well depending on where they were 'trained'.

Archived