Plasser Dynamic Track Stabiliser Diagram

ChrisH-UK

20 years ago I started work on a model of Plasser's Dynamic Track Stabiliser using my photos from that time, after a long hiatus I decided to try again using better materials, newer techniques and more accurate info but I keep finding that I'm hitting myself in the head with the same rock - getting an accurate diagram to base everything upon.

A search of the web brings up things that look promising, but most of them are either of the version that was non-UK loading gauge or the later version where the cabs, solebar and most of the important bits are different. The OTP book on the Barrowmore MRG website is of some use, it does depict a UK version (albeit of the first unit, rather than the 12 that followed it) but the diagram with dimensional data appears to be a 10th generation copy, the lines are degraded and only 3 or 4 of the measurements are decipherable.

Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a diagram that depicts 72202-72214 and is both legible and includes basic dimensional info?

Thanks

Chris H 

Chris,

I haven't found a good diagram of this type of machine. I have done a couple of sketches of one that I measured at Ashford Crane Repair Depot that might help?

I did give these to a friend who was going to turn it into a scale plan, but I don't think he has made a start yet.

Cheers.

Paul, that would be superb :)

Chris,

I haven't found a good diagram of this type of machine. I have done a couple of sketches of one that I measured at Ashford Crane Repair Depot that might help?

I did give these to a friend who was going to turn it into a scale plan, but I don't think he has made a start yet.

Cheers.

Thanks, but the version that ran in the UK was different to the one Kibri produces, you would be surprised just how different when at first glance they seem the same.

Kibri have a very good diagram included in with the instruction sheets for there HO gauge DTS kit if you can get hold of one.

• 4 months later...

I thought it was about time to share a version of the DTS, the attached file is a PNG version of the prototype from around1990 (just one side and one end) and is based on all the sources mentioned above as well as youtube and the results of a photo session from Hither Green that I thought I had lost.

Colour has been used to try and help establish the position of things in front and behind and shading to try and give a better idea of the shape of rounded parts than you would get from traditional line art. The uploaded version omits some detail that is present in the SVG file which has both sides, both ends and will shortly have a top view, all of which can be peeled back to see the detail underneath.

yellow Dts For rmweb

I thought it was about time to share a version of the DTS, the attached file is a PNG version of the prototype from around1990 (just one side and one end) and is based on all the sources mentioned above as well as youtube and the results of a photo session from Hither Green that I thought I had lost.

Colour has been used to try and help establish the position of things in front and behind and shading to try and give a better idea of the shape of rounded parts than you would get from traditional line art. The uploaded version omits some detail that is present in the SVG file which has both sides, both ends and will shortly have a top view, all of which can be peeled back to see the detail underneath.

Chris, That plan is very good. Well done.

Cheers.

Archived