SPROG3, JMRI, and DigiTrax AR1

mjkerr

I have been finishing off my layout, and to make sure everything is working with the computer control setup at the same time

First of all my model shorted on the track between the Fiddle Yard baseboard

I swapped the polarity on the connections between the Fiddle Yard baseboards and power came back (so that is an easy fix for a dreadful oversight in colour coding)

Everything was fine until I connected up the DigiTrax AR1 (Auto Reverser) and NOTHING worked!

However when my model went through the isolated section this caused a short (which should not happen)

I tried to trace the issue, but cannot see what is wrong

So I disconnected the DigiTrax AR1 and returned the model back to the main track

Now I cannot obtain any main movement from any model

The lights and sound work, but if I increase the throttle above about 5% it returns to IDLE

I have looked at the Command Window and the model seems to be returning message :

!E6

I then went for a Shutdown / Restart of the computer, no difference

I then switched off the SPROG3 and switched it back on, no difference

I have searched the JMRI website but nothing

I have now taken things back to basics

Disconnected the SPROG3 from the main layout and reconnected to the Programming Track

The issue still exists, so that confirms the issue is somewhere between the SPROG3 and JMRI

Given I have reinstalled JMRI, this does suggest the SPROG3 has experienced some kind of issue

Any advice is welcome

post-11766-0-64649200-1473409253_thumb.jpg

Can we please keep this issue in on one forum! I have already responded on the N gauge forum with a request for more details.

Just curious if someone else with SPROG3 and JMRI has also experienced this same problem as soon as they connected a DigiTrax AR1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about you but I prefer RMweb to the JMRI forum

I a member of two (model railway) forums

I post on N Gauge, if specific to N gauge

I post here if it is more general

The issue here was it was both categories!

I have viewed the JMRI forum (if you can call it that), and gave in

There are just 10 topics

There are JMRI and SPROG User Groups on Yahoo, but the search facility does not work very well

Archived