The Great Electric Train Show

grid56104

With regards MERG, it is well worth joining. ... prospective new members are usually welcome, but numbers are sometimes limited, so best to email the relevant coordinator (the website should provide that)).

I messaged the group via the website contact form when I got home, hoping to get the model numbers and prices of the boards I'm going to need but I've heard nothing since. Will they only respond once I've joined?

The Glenngary Tramway left the  confines  of Yorkshire  for only the second time to make its longest journey to date to the National  Motor Museum in Warwickshire. The purpose of this  200 mile trek was to  attend the Great Electric Train show 2016, a fantastic venue and show !

This event marks a big step up in terms of visiting numbers and we were unsure how our presentation would work in a less intimate setting. Even with a small crowd looking on were able to allow the youngsters to drive the trams  etc .

Unfortunately we had no chance to do any videos but Dianne did do a whistle stop tour to get some stills  of the layouts where crowds permitted.

We would like to thank the Hornby team for the invite and the chance to attend such a large prestigious  show.

Gary

I messaged the group via the website contact form when I got home, hoping to get the model numbers and prices of the boards I'm going to need but I've heard nothing since. Will they only respond once I've joined?

Responces can be variable I found before joining, sometimes gremlins creep into the email forwarding in place for non-members I find. However you should be able to access the prices of boards etc via the website without joining first to make that decision. Drop me a message and I will try to answer questions best I can though.

I didn't realise when I posted my other reply, that the kit list with prices is accessible on the website. that should answer that part of your question at least.

I lead one of the MERG area groups. If you PM me with your location I will try to identify one near you. I was responsible for the MERG exhibit a the Great Electric Train Show.

Archived