Model shop close to Stansted

Vistisen

I am on the boat to Harwich and have a few hours to kill before collecting my better 2/3rds from Stansted. Are there any good model shops in the area? Remember I last visited a U.K. Shop about 10 years ago!

My friends recommend John Dutfield in Chelmsford, although I have yet to visit.

http://www.johndutfieldmodelrailways.co.uk/

• RMweb Gold

John Dutfield highly recommended. Drive from Harwich to Chelmsford. Shop at the excellent shop. The drive to Stansted north from Chelmsford is very pleasant. We never use the M25 M11 route from where we live in South Essex.

Hello,

It depends on which way you are planning on going from Harwich to Stanstead

The closest would be Mankim Models in Colchester which is. A good all round model store white really friendly staff.

If you really have some hours to kill then I would recommend going up the A12 to Ipswich nd visit Scograil which also has a lot of European HO stock as well as UK models. It is really competitively priced and a real aladins cave.

Otherwise the closest model shop to Stanstead is Ray's Rails which is really close by. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere but well worth a look.

You can find reviews of each of these stores in RM web or the uk model shop directory.

With all of the stores mentioned the usual disclaimer applies no connection just a satisfied customer.

Funnily enough I have the opposite trip in a few weeks and have time to kill at Harwich.

Stephen

Archived