Paint query

Evening all

When i am weathering using Humbrol Matt black mixed with Matt leather its sprayed using an airbrush, then using Dullcote to seal the paint but why is it if something drags along the model it leaves a line or mark?

It does it if Dullcote isn't used and even when i spray it with Dullcote or Humbrol Varnish

Can anyone advise? Could it be the thinners used?

Thanks 

Evening all

When i am weathering using Humbrol Matt black mixed with Matt leather its sprayed using an airbrush, then using Dullcote to seal the paint but why is it if something drags along the model it leaves a line or mark?

It does it if Dullcote isn't used and even when i spray it with Dullcote or Humbrol Varnish

Can anyone advise? Could it be the thinners used?

Thanks 

How hard is it being dragged? Possibly you're applying too dusty a coat and it's dragging off the poorly stuck 'dusty' particles, if you're pressing hard it could even be acting to polish or burnish the paint surface - something you can make use of in the weathering process. (I like to 'polish' my matt painted models with a fibreglass brush which leaves a lovely working clean satin finish)

Archived