Oliva's Trains 221 Voyager Twin Sound

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong with this but hopefully, someone will tell me.

I've bought a Voyager with oliva's trains twin sound and correctly working, directional lights but since I reprogrammed the loco address (for bot decoders) the headlights seem to be both working the same, i.e, when forward is selected the headlights display on both ends and when rev selected, both sets of tail lights operate. I've tried changing CV29 to the value of 1 on one decoder but this didn't change the direction of travel.

Any help or advice will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Mike

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong with this but hopefully, someone will tell me.

I've bought a Voyager with oliva's trains twin sound and correctly working, directional lights but since I reprogrammed the loco address (for bot decoders) the headlights seem to be both working the same, i.e, when forward is selected the headlights display on both ends and when rev selected, both sets of tail lights operate. I've tried changing CV29 to the value of 1 on one decoder but this didn't change the direction of travel.

Cheers

Mike

Suggest you drop Olivias an e-mail, explain the problem and ask for help. 

• RMweb Gold

Cheers

Mike

Hello Mike,

Did you programme each decoder separately?

Try resetting CV8=8, independently then check the workings, if all is Ok then reprogramme the address.

Are the lights the Bachmann version or upgraded.

You may inadvertently have have used an index CV at the wrong setting, CV32 =0 and CV31=16.

CV 29 on the rear car needs to be +1 compared to the front car.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hello Mike,

Did you programme each decoder separately?

Try resetting CV8=8, independently then check the workings, if all is Ok then reprogramme the address.

Are the lights the Bachmann version or upgraded.

You may inadvertently have have used an index CV at the wrong setting, CV32 =0 and CV31=16.

CV 29 on the rear car needs to be +1 compared to the front car.

Mike

Hi Mike

I did both decoders at the same time. I called Olivia's today and they said to reset and readdress them one at a time and it'll fix the issue.

Incidentally, I've ordered up some iPhone 6 speakers for my HST, and also for the Voyager. Just need to find out what the impedance is so that I can run two off of one decoder.

Cheers

Mike

Archived