Programming Cobalt IP Digital with Lenz LH100?

Jintyman

Hi all,

I've just fitted my first turnout with a Cobalt IP digital point motor, the track feeds are connected and so is the frog. but by all accounts these are different to programme than the old Cobalt Digital motors which I can't remember anyway.

Can someone give me a step by step from switching on please?

I know I've got to address the motor to 198 to switch off automatic centering, but then I want to assign it a simple address of '1'.

Thanks in advance, I'm obviously having a 'challenged' moment!!!!!!

Jinty ;)

Hi all,

I've just fitted my first turnout with a Cobalt IP digital point motor, the track feeds are connected and so is the frog. but by all accounts these are different to programme than the old Cobalt Digital motors which I can't remember anyway.

Can someone give me a step by step from switching on please?

I know I've got to address the motor to 198 to switch off automatic centering, but then I want to assign it a simple address of '1'.

Thanks in advance, I'm obviously having a 'challenged' moment!!!!!!

Jinty ;)

I don't know if it will help but PaulRhb gave some excellent instructions on how to program my Cobalts using JMRI and a Sprog3, the latest post on it is today.

Pete 

I don't know if it will help but PaulRhb gave some excellent instructions on how to program my Cobalts using JMRI and a Sprog3, the latest post on it is today.

Pete 

Hi Jinty, did you have any luck? I successfully programmed two Cobalt iP digital point motors using a digitrax system and a DT400 handset tonight, the trick as PaulRhB showed me is NOT to use programming mode, but to send the Thrown(Reverse) or Closed(Normal) with the switch set to "Set" then turning off the DCC power put the switch to normal turn the power back on and send what ever you numbered the points a "Thrown or Closed" command hopefully it'll work OK with the Lenz system as it did for me.

Best wishes

Pete

Hi Jinty, did you have any luck? I successfully programmed two Cobalt iP digital point motors using a digitrax system and a DT400 handset tonight, the trick as PaulRhB showed me is NOT to use programming mode, but to send the Thrown(Reverse) or Closed(Normal) with the switch set to "Set" then turning off the DCC power put the switch to normal turn the power back on and send what ever you numbered the points a "Thrown or Closed" command hopefully it'll work OK with the Lenz system as it did for me.

Best wishes

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes I read the other post regarding the NCE and programming, and then happend upon it more by accident really.

You put the slide switch into 'SET' mode and then turn on the DCC system. You then select F5 for accessory function and when it asks for an accessory number, you give it what number you want. Then press ESC until you're back at the main screen and switch the system off. Slide the switch on the motor to 'RUN'  and switch the system back on.

You can switch off the auto centering the same way by using number 198 in the 'SET' mode.

Thanks for the help

Jinty ;)

Archived