Somerset and Dorset Sound Edits

To mark the 50th Anniversary of the Closure of the Somerset & Dorset, I filmed an Somerset & Dorset Themed Gala on my layout, featuring my fleet of ex S&D locomotive (all locomotives featured saw service on the line at some point in their life). To make the video that extra special I did my famous sound editing technique, using my real recordings of the Class (or similar), that I have recorded during my visits to preserved railways and galas over the years. 

Hope you find it of interest.

25th/28th March 2016 saw the Somerset & Dorset Railway (S&DR) host there annual Spring Steam Gala.
This years theme marked the 50th Anniversary of the Closure Somerset & Dorset Railway, and featured a superb line-up of Ex-S&D motive power, recreating the sights and sound of the famous Mendip Route. Amazingly all 9 engines saw service on the line during there working life, 3 of which are known to of worked some of the of the last last trains on the route, including Stanier 8F 2-8-0, No. 48706 and Ex-SR Un-Rebuilt West Country Class 4-6-2, No. 34006 'Bude' which was know to of hauled one of the last specials over the line in March 1966 on the day of closure. 
Highlights of the Gala included;
. Express Passenger Services (Pines Express)
. Non Stop and Double Header Services
. Highbridge Branch Local Passenger Services
. Somerset Coalfields Mineral Train
. Plus Local Pick-Up Goods 
The event also a rare chance to see both Ex SDJR 7F's, 53808 and 53810 double headed together, recreating on the of rarest double heading combos seen on the S&D. 
Locos in action included;
BR Std 3MT 2-6-2T, No.82001
BR Std 4MT 4-6-0, No. 75072 
BR Std 5MT 4-6-0, No. 73049
Ex-SR Un-Rebuilt West Country Class 4-6-2, No. 34006 'Bude'
Ex Midland 4F Class 0-6-0, No. 43875
Ex SDJR 7F Class 2-8-0, No. 53808
Ex SDJR 7F Class 2-8-0, No. 53810 
Ex LMS Stanier 8F 2-8-0, No. 48706
BR Std 9F Class 2-10-0, No. 92244 
The 4 day Gala was a massive success with record numbers of visitors to the line. It is hoped more events like this will be coming in the not to distant future.
Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8TWDLKvM2I

Archived