Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Which sound decoder in Hornby model?

faa77

31 233 (R2803XS) was an ESU LokSound v. 3.5, according to my spreadsheet I use to keep track of these things. I had mine reblown with Howes sound a couple of years or more ago.

I don't own the second one, so cannot comment on it.

31 233 (R2803XS) was an ESU LokSound v. 3.5, according to my spreadsheet I use to keep track of these things. I had mine reblown with Howes sound a couple of years or more ago.

I don't own the second one, so cannot comment on it.

That's interesting. I have a Howes 3.5 & out of the 2, I prefer the Hornby one. A matching pair would have been useful.

While sound is very much in the ear of the listener, to me, the Hornby sound seemed more like a class 37 than a 31. Even so, it wasn't bad, and had more functions available than the Howes one.

I think most, if not all of the non railroad Hornby diesels with sound use the ESU 3.5.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I am not aware of 4.0 one.

Quite a few more recent examples have V4s including these mentioned on the site. R3267XS (Class 60) also has a V4 too.

http://www.Hornby.com/us-en/downloads/view/index/cat/30/

Archived