Programming problem - Powercab

Willy

I have a new problem with my Powercab/Decoder programming and I cannot get to the bottom of it.

The decoder in question is a TCS T4X and I am using it in an Athearn SD40T-2 where it is working fine with excellent slow speed and control. I removed it and put it in an Athearn SD40-2 and proceeded to reprogram it with the new loco number. During the programming the Powercab ‘read’ the decoder and the loco ‘lurched’ forward at all the appropriate stages, etc. When the programming was complete and I returned it to the layout the lights lit up but the loco wouldn’t move! I reprogrammed again with the same results and although I can switch the lights on and off, the loco won’t move. I then tried another decoder (TCS T4X) from a different loco and the same results. I have also used a different loco to try to programme the decoder and again the same. Lights can be switched on/off, forward but not reverse, but no control!

I am using a programme track.

What is going wrong please?

Thank you.

Willy

I've had a similar problem and it was down to accidentely creating an old style consist. So try deleting consists.

I have just spoken to someone at the NMRA and he suggested the same thing. Both my decoders were used as a consist and I have just this minute cleared the consist and it is now working. Apparently the command station keeps a record of which addresses are in a consist and only sends the speed commands to the consist number, so until you clear the consist from the command station it would not send commands to the loco number.

Thank you anyway for your help.

Willy

Archived