JLTRT Mark 2 coaches

uk_pm

• RMweb Gold

I have just (nearly) completed my first JLTRT Mark 2 coach.  As supplied it came with IC70 seats - as fitted only to the Mark 2F variant.  The standard class coach has the same design of seat, but has the body for a Mark 2D coach (because the two toilets are on the same side of the coach).  So, my first question is, do the JLTRT Mark 2B and/or 2C variants have the older style of InterCity seat, or do they also have the IC70 seat?  It is not apparent from any pictures I have seen.  

Second question is: what couplings have people used?  I have fitted the supplied coupling (which is a nicely model drawbar with buckeye) at one end and a Kadee at the other.  I had intended to couple the loco up to the drawbar - but can't access it as it (realistically) tucked away under the corridor.  Any suggestions?

Pic of coach herewith.  1 down, three (standard class) to go.

All help/suggestions gratefully received.

Peter

post-3981-0-60158600-1477418732.jpegpost-3981-0-70933900-1477418748.jpeg

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

I have just (nearly) completed my first JLTRT Mark 2 coach.  As supplied it came with IC70 seats - as fitted only to the Mark 2F variant.  The standard class coach has the same design of seat, but has the body for a Mark 2D coach (because the two toilets are on the same side of the coach).  So, my first question is, do the JLTRT Mark 2B and/or 2C variants have the older style of InterCity seat, or do they also have the IC70 seat?  It is not apparent from any pictures I have seen.  

Second question is: what couplings have people used?  I have fitted the supplied coupling (which is a nicely model drawbar with buckeye) at one end and a Kadee at the other.  I had intended to couple the loco up to the drawbar - but can't access it as it (realistically) tucked away under the corridor.  Any suggestions?

Pic of coach herewith.  1 down, three (standard class) to go.

All help/suggestions gratefully received.

Peter

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_da0d.jpegattachicon.giffullsizeoutput_da0b.jpeg

Peter,

Nice build by the way .

The earlier coaches all have the same later type of seat unfortunately. I am building a Mk2 c BSO for a friend and the roof vents are wrong as these have the Roe-Vac rectangular flat type, the couplings requested are kadees with the arm cut off.

Regards

Alan