Lynton & Barnstaple 2 - 6 - 2

steve howe

I'm searching for a set of milled mainframes for the L & B 2-6-2s, I'm sure Alan Gibson used to make them, but they don't appear on the website list, EDM, who took over the kit when Alan retired have no knowledge of them, and the current owners of the Alan Gibson range said they were not interested in looking for the patterns even if they still had them :scratchhead: not very productive.

Anyone able to shed any light on whether they are still available?

Steve

The milled frames for the L&B 2-6-2 were produced by Kay Butler who used to have the Wrightlines range and they stayed with Kay when Wrightlines returned to the ABS stable and Kay traded as Keykits. As far as I'm aware, they're no longer available. Though I do know of a friend who's trying to get some more made.

They were developed to provide a chassis for the Chivers white metal body kit.

Cheers,

Andrew

If there's a drawing and sufficient demand, I'd suggest talking to Bill Connell of Premier. There might be a set-up cost, and given he's pretty much a one-man-band, it might not be quick, but he's certainly set up to do the job.

Best

Simon

The milled frames for the L&B 2-6-2 were produced by Kay Butler who used to have the Wrightlines range and they stayed with Kay when Wrightlines returned to the ABS stable and Kay traded as Keykits. As far as I'm aware, they're no longer available. Though I do know of a friend who's trying to get some more made.

They were developed to provide a chassis for the Chivers white metal body kit.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew,

Yes, that's what I want them for, I wonder if Kay still has the patterns?

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Steve,

Have you tried Roy Link?  If I remember correctly he had some input into the original kits, and I think he still does profile-milling.

Cheers, Dave.

PS  Congratulations on receiving The David Glascot Trophy.

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Blatant plug but I have one of the Alan Gibson L&B kits for Yeo Taw and Exe starting on eBay tomorrow evening. If anyone is interested please bid away - funds raised are in a good cause - our garden railway!

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...