Sketchup small radii error

Hi Alan,

Are you drawing to scale or 1:1? I found that almost all of Sketchup's features fail to work properly if you draw in your modelling scale, say 1:76.2, such as follow me etc.  It appears to because the co-ordinate system in sketchup was designed for architecture, with some fractions of an inch (I can't remember exactly) being the smallest dimension.  I draw mm as metres and that sorts it, then when exporting the STL re-scale.

Hi Alan,

Are you drawing to scale or 1:1? I found that almost all of Sketchup's features fail to work properly if you draw in your modelling scale, say 1:76.2, such as follow me etc.  It appears to because the co-ordinate system in sketchup was designed for architecture, with some fractions of an inch (I can't remember exactly) being the smallest dimension.  I draw mm as metres and that sorts it, then when exporting the STL re-scale.

No it's 10x actual size, this is a new dumbing down since v8, you could make arcs of any radius in that without issue (but not circles less than 1mm diameter). I'll be reverting to the latest edition that does not feature this issue. 

Archived