micro layout help

hello all

Ive being doing work in the backyard lately  and came across a large plate which i dont know where it came from  think my uncles van   and has been in the yard for a few months or so   and ive wanted to build a layout on it, so im going to aquire it soon and make a model on it     but not sure what track i can get on it    so would anyone be able to help 

the pallet it around 49x35 inch in size  and is in good shape   considering all the rain weve had 

im thinking in my head off having a 2 siding yard,  loco shed, and sort off spiral with bridge on it   has anyone any idea what i can fit on it  track wise   ta

thanks

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Mark,

what scale/gauge are you planning to use or are interested in??

4' x 3' gives a lot of scope in 2mm/N, less in 4mm/OO and less again in 7mm/O

Are you looking for simply shunting, a continuous-run/roundy-roundy?

Would the construction of the pallet allow it to be cut down the middle to give 98" x 17.5" (possibly more/better trackplan options for a long thin board than a short fat one)

Mark,

what scale/gauge are you planning to use or are interested in??

4' x 3' gives a lot of scope in 2mm/N, less in 4mm/OO and less again in 7mm/O

Are you looking for simply shunting, a continuous-run/roundy-roundy?

Would the construction of the pallet allow it to be cut down the middle to give 98" x 17.5" (possibly more/better trackplan options for a long thin board than a short fat one)

00 gauge  cloggydog 

If the wood has been getting wet outside it might warp when you bring it into a warm house so just give it some time to settle before spending time and money building a layout on it.

We have had a few things delivered to work recently On plywood pallets, I suppose they could make quite good baseboards as some of the framing work is done for you. A bit more wouldn't hurt though.

Interesting thread start as I am contemplating a compact N gauge layout to make in the later winter months. I have selected a layout from the above website. Just need time to go to a local model shop and buy the track.

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Archived