Dorset Model Buses / Fleetmaster

lincolnshiremodeller

Has anybody successfully ordered from Dorset Model Buses/Fleetmaster recently (i.e. in the last few weeks)? I ordered from them on Monday via email paying with Paypal. I have received no response or acknowledgement of the order via email. Today I phoned the landline number quoted on the website which was a duff number. Phoned the mobile number quoted on the website which went straight to voicemail. The last update to their website is 5th July this year.

As this is the first time I've ordered from them I can't yet be sure whether their level of service is "lacking" and I'll get my order in time, or whether they are no longer trading. First impressions are not good and I'm leaning towards the latter.

In the meantime does anyone know of a good source of NBC green which does not come with a hefty P&P charge?

Thanks

Simon

MBF forum had this in Sept

Had a phone call this evening from Rob, he asked me to pass on he is now recovering well after suffering a stroke a couple of months ago. He is still not allowed to drive and cannot yet work in his workshop but he has now had the Dorset model buses phone extended to the house so he can now take calls but if you do not get a reply please try later. All the paint range already produced is available and orders will be sent out every few days by his son, the new colours will be added as soon as he is able. The website will be updated as soon as he is able but he still has some weakness to his left leg and left hand so using the computer is difficult at the moment. He asked to pass on his apologies to all who were hoping to collect paintat the AGM.

Further posts perhaps suggest all is not anywhere near normal and others are having similar contact problems.

MBF forum had this in Sept

Had a phone call this evening from Rob, he asked me to pass on he is now recovering well after suffering a stroke a couple of months ago. He is still not allowed to drive and cannot yet work in his workshop but he has now had the Dorset model buses phone extended to the house so he can now take calls but if you do not get a reply please try later. All the paint range already produced is available and orders will be sent out every few days by his son, the new colours will be added as soon as he is able. The website will be updated as soon as he is able but he still has some weakness to his left leg and left hand so using the computer is difficult at the moment. He asked to pass on his apologies to all who were hoping to collect paintat the AGM.[/size]

Further posts perhaps suggest all is not anywhere near normal and others are having similar contact problems.[/size]

Thanks for the update 'Red Devil'.

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

The DORSET MODEL BUSES website has seemingly  gone... along with any links to Fleetmaster paints etc...

Web Server's Default Page

This page is generated by Parallels Plesk, the leading hosting automation software. You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.

You can do the following:

• Create domains and set up Web hosting using Parallels Plesk.

But MODEL BUS ZONE seems to be still there...

• 8 months later...

The MBF Forum had this today

I understand from Rob that he intends to open for business again on 16th October and will have all the previously available colours on sale.  The website and contact details will also be updated.  This follows a considerable improvement in his health, he says.

So it looks like the paint range will be available again soon

WW

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hiya,

I do realise that this thread is now very old but I felt it might be worthwhile updating people as I've dealt with Dorset Model Buses several times over the last couple of months.

The proprietor was taken very ill during the spring of 2016 and that is what caused the problems referred to by people above. After a slow recovery he got things back on track and re-opened for business in October last year.

I have ordered several times since then and have received my orders very quickly - on one occasion 2 days after ordering.

The Dorset Model Buses website was revamped and improved and now shows the good progress being made to recover the lost time with the introduction of many new items now taking place.

The phone number changed when they re-opened.

Talking to the proprietor the other day when placing another order he mentioned that if anyone had any outstanding matters that need resolving would they please get in touch and he will do everything to resolve any outstanding queries.

I feel that we would all agree that illness can hit us all and I for one can completely understand the problems that this caused - however I'm pleased to say that since returning to better health things have really moved forward and new paint colours plus a number of other products are now either in stock or close to release - my latest order is for the new self-etching primer and as soon as announced as available I'm looking forward to trying the decal setting solutions.

Its nice to see a concern offering products to help modellers and I for one look forward to a number of the new bus colours.

Take a look at the website:  https://www.dorsetmodelbuses.co.uk   and see for yourself.

Dan 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 4 years later...