Getting into cab of a Bachmann Class 47 - HELP?

Hi guys.  I need help!

My Bachmann class 47 cab windows have come out and I need to get the cab moulding off to get into re-glue the glazing/windows on....how can I do this?   The cab fixing looks pretty stuck and while I can prize it open somewhat, I cant get it all the way off!

Can you help?

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Hi guys.  I need help!

My Bachmann class 47 cab windows have come out and I need to get the cab moulding off to get into re-glue the glazing/windows on....how can I do this?   The cab fixing looks pretty stuck and while I can prize it open somewhat, I cant get it all the way off!

Can you help?

Cheers

Hi Dave,

I did this last night for my next project as it happens! My preferred way is attacking via a small flat blade screwdriver and a bit of fearlessness! 

Assuming you have the body separated from the chassis, I slide in the screwdriver down the small gap between the side of the cab moulding and the bodyside, and lever until you hear a click/break noise, then do the same on the other side of the cab. Normally this loosens it and then finally you can jam the screwdriver between the front of the cab and cab front itself, then push backwards into the loco, it should then come away! 

Sometimes the cab interior moulding grey pillars break away (depending on luck) but this is no big deal and can be glued back (though I just leave mine off) - I also take the opportunity to remove the silly cab lighting, this also makes it easier in future to access the cab whenever required!

Hope this helps,

James

Hi Dave,

I did this last night for my next project as it happens! My preferred way is attacking via a small flat blade screwdriver and a bit of fearlessness! 

Assuming you have the body separated from the chassis, I slide in the screwdriver down the small gap between the side of the cab moulding and the bodyside, and lever until you hear a click/break noise, then do the same on the other side of the cab. Normally this loosens it and then finally you can jam the screwdriver between the front of the cab and cab front itself, then push backwards into the loco, it should then come away! 

Sometimes the cab interior moulding grey pillars break away (depending on luck) but this is no big deal and can be glued back (though I just leave mine off) - I also take the opportunity to remove the silly cab lighting, this also makes it easier in future to access the cab whenever required!

Hope this helps,

James

Hi James...great help.   I got it off.   Eventually lol.   Phew.    Its running on Dean Park again!   Going to upload a video of it with sound fitted onto my youtube channel.   Daveclass47 or Dean Park Station.  

Thanks for your help....I thought with it being Christmas Eve everyone would be busy on other things to reply to me, but you've come to the rescue, so I appreciate that.   All the best. Dave

Archived