Distant signal south of Bewdley Tunnel

peak experience

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for that Mike, so really more of a repeater in awkward sighting locations rather than a 'true distant'. Presumably painted yellow amd controlled from the same lever in the 'box?  A practical way to solve a problem. Neat!

John

PS Will you be at the MM&D show on Saturday?

As far as I can trace from one of the ones I know about it was worked by a separate lever which was released conditionally by either of the two successive ground discs it read towards - the first of the two being a white light disc which could therefore be passed at danger when the points to which it applied were set normal for a wrong direction move on that running line.  The second dic was a red light disc so could only be cleared through a trailing crossover when the route was set to the 'right' running line.  

The colour of the arms is rather tantalising as I've only ever seen b&w pictures although the one of this particular signal is very clear and the arm looks dark suggesting that it was probably red although the must be another question mark of the colour of the light it exhibited but as it was released by either of the ground discs I incline to the view that it probably showed a red light when it was 'on'.  This particular signal was removed in February 1955 which thus far is the latest date of survival I have found for such a signal. 

All being well I'm hoping to get to the show on Saturday - provided it doesn't snow ;) 

Archived