New Sound Project for Dapol 0 Gauge Class 08

pauliebanger

Hello,

I've been asked by some people fortunate enough to own more than one of Dapol's 0 Gauge Class 08 models if I can provide an alternative slightly different ProtoDrive sound project to my original version to add a little variety.

In response, I have created a second variation. It has all my usual features; automatic engine sounds with manual overrides, (separate control of speed steps and sound without 'locking' the road speed whilst you do so), progressively applied working brakes which actually retard the speed of the model or prevent it from moving unless released, dynamically variable inertia and momentum settings in real time even when the loco is operating, light engine/heavy train modes toggled with F5, forced coasting, instantly and at any time with F6.

All the controls and features are as the original, but the engine sounds were recorded from a different loco and the traction motor sounds are proportional to road speed.This follows on from the same feature I used on the RE Class 47 and SLW Class 24 for traction motors and the Ixion Fowler for the transmission final drive sounds.

There is a full suite of sounds included to provide for vac/air/dual train brake fitted variants. (or even those without train brakes).

It also comes with the added benefit that it works all the lights correctly as Dapol intended without having to alter the model's wiring.

Here's a taster, but it's just that. Not a full workout. There's much more to discover.

Kind regards,

Paul

Archived