Dapol 0 Gauge 08 Lighting Mods

pauliebanger

Hi Paul, which chip have you used? is it all in issue 116, also seeing the video of the loco with the varying sound is it changeable or will I need different chips?

regards

mike g

Hi Mike,

The construction of the replacement lighting is covered along with decoder installation and speaker fitting and so on.

Each variant of the Class 08 is a project in it's own right, so only one per decoder at a time. Of course, any ZIMO sound decoder can be reblown with another ZIMO sound project, so it would be possible to swap with the variant currently loaded. (But not by using CVs like the Multi-Drive class 37s and 47s for example).

Kind regards,

Paul

Aye most impressive Paul, clapping.gif especially the bi-colour lower lights(led's) just shows what can be achieved, but can I squeeze all that into an 00 model ? .....now there's another project for that (long) to do list - a friend has already been experimenting with bi-colour 0402 SMD's on one of his (00) 08's....

Need to have a wee look at the mag next time I'm in Tesco's ......assuming 116 is the current issue ? 

Regards
Ken

Aye most impressive Paul, clapping.gif especially the bi-colour lower lights(led's) just shows what can be achieved, but can I squeeze all that into an 00 model ? .....now there's another project for that (long) to do list - a friend has already been experimenting with bi-colour 0402 SMD's on one of his (00) 08's....

Need to have a wee look at the mag next time I'm in Tesco's ......assuming 116 is the current issue ? 

Regards

Ken

Ken,

Next issue. Out next week.

Paul

Guest Q663368

I had a quick read of The article in Hornby Mag 116 last night.

Looks interesting so will give it a go.

Paul, how did you re-map your Protodrive to control the lighting ?.

Kindest regards

Alan

With apologies for posting on Dapol 08.

Archived