The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Bucket list

AMJ

Many of you (including me) travel to various places to see and possibly ride the train.

How about you sharing your railway bucket lists. This came about because a colleague sat and created their own list.

Having seen various items I haven't yet created my list but I can tick off the Darjeeling Himalaya Railway as I have been there three times!

Leeds to China all the way by rail is definitely on the list.

America I'd like to travel from one coast to the other. Also I think I'd envisage trying to ride a train service in all of the state's.

Australia the east to west and the north to south Ghan.

We are all collectors and some want to travel on every locomotive in a class, I am trying to see and possibly photograph all of the surviving engines built by the various Leeds engineering companies.

• 11 months later...

3 x large black plastic, garden for the use of.

I x 2 gallon, enamelled, vegetable peelings etc for composting.

3 x 2 gallon polypropylene, indoors for the use of.

America I'd like to travel from one coast to the other. Also I think I'd envisage trying to ride a train service in all of the state's.

Other's surely? There's an arctic ocean coast just for one more.

Other's surely? There's an arctic ocean coast just for one more.

Only one option for that right now, and that doesn't take you to the ocean...just to a river !

(VIA to Churchill is currently embargoed due to track conditions, no trains to Churchill, awaiting legal developments !)

So, the current option is ONR to Moosonee, which leaves you some 19 km short of the arctic...

James