Painting my cars

Job's Modelling

Information

A couple of months ago, I was searching the internet for information about painting a car. My OO-scale diecast models of course don’t need to paint completely. On the website of AK-interactive, I found some interesting information. I can advise everyone to download their catalogue:  http://ak-interactive.com/v2/downloads-2/catalogue/ . It contains a lot of useful information.

I also bought Tracks & wheels from AK-interactive. Although written for military modellers, it also contains useful for painting / weathering my diecast models. I bought their set for painting reacks and wheels.

Painting

I used their painting advice:

• Use satin or gloss varnish on civil vehicle
  • Use a varnish before using a wash
  • Use different types of varnish on a model (for instance wheels)

So I gave my models a coat of satin varnish. For the underside of the cars and the wheels I used a matt varnish. For the wheel I used their description for wheels used in dry areas.

Morris Oxford III

The Morris Oxford III was the easiest one. I had to do the weathering of the wheels and painting the body with a satin varnish.

post-11675-0-42377700-1484330980_thumb.jpg

Mechanical Horse

The mechanical horse I found more difficult to paint. I followed the same way of working as by the Morris. For the planks, I also used some advice I found in another AK booklet. But in this case I had to use other paints as they advised. At this moment, I must make careful choices spending my money. I have to do some investments for my visual problems. That has priority at this moment.

post-11675-0-22477200-1484331039_thumb.jpg

I will make some loading at a later point.

Advice, information or comments are welcome.

Kind regards,

Job

Archived