Ignoring topics

• RMweb Premium

If I ignore a thread (because I'm likely to get bad tempered, depressed and annoyed by it and start arguments) when I go into the forum it's in it shows up with "ignored" with a big red notice. That makes it rather hard to ignore, is there any way to get it to simply not appear at all?

• RMweb Gold

If you select "View New Content" rather than "Forum Index" ignored threads don't appear.

What slightly mystifies me is that threads in certain categories (e.g. 2mm Finescale) cannot be "ignored" at all.  Not that I have anything against 2mm Finescale as such, but as with all categories I like to weed out the topics that I feel have run their natural course.

John

• RMweb Gold

Surely it is easier if you just don't open those threads which have no interest for you or with which you don't want to get involved.

But ignoring the ones you know you aren't or have ceased to be interested in means having far fewer to go through when looking for what you do like.

• RMweb Premium

Surely it is easier if you just don't open those threads which have no interest for you or with which you don't want to get involved.

Ones I've simply no interest in are easy enough, ones that are like trying to ignore scratching an itch rather less so...

Archived