350 Desiro lights issue

modelpara

Hi there,

I tested my Bachmann 350 at a club layout last night and we noticed that while it was running fine there appeared to be no directional lights, in short they were all lit up no matter which direction it went in. Any ideas if this is a common issue or something new?

Is it likely to be an easy fix.

This was under dc testing as I plan (in time) to convert to dcc

The latter would be my guess: make sure the coaches are not only in the right order but also oriented correctly. Bachmann have kindly printed letters underneath (A to D) to give the correct order, but I have supplemented these with arrows pointing to the front as well.

Starting with the D coach, the C coach with the pantograph goes with the pantograph end away from the D car (i.e. towards the centre of the four-car unit). The B coach has its toilet compartment (blank where a window should be) on the same side as the C coach's toilet compartment. That leaves only the A coach ... both the D and A coaches' orientations should be obvious!

The latter would be my guess: make sure the coaches are not only in the right order but also oriented correctly. Bachmann have kindly printed letters underneath (A to D) to give the correct order, but I have supplemented these with arrows pointing to the front as well.

Starting with the D coach, the C coach with the pantograph goes with the pantograph end away from the D car (i.e. towards the centre of the four-car unit). The B coach has its toilet compartment (blank where a window should be) on the same side as the C coach's toilet compartment. That leaves only the A coach ... both the D and A coaches' orientations should be obvious!

Ohhhh there is an order, never realised that!

Is there a chip in it already ?

That might explain it ? Easy enough to check on that model.

Are the coaches in order / all the conductive connectors doing their job ?

No chip as yet, never knew there was a particular order so. Need to check that next

Ohhhh there is an order, never realised that!

No chip as yet, never knew there was a particular order so. Need to check that next

In actual fact, even if you get the order of B and C wrong, as long as they are oriented in the correct direction, the lights should work correctly.

Archived