Mansfield 2017

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

Yes, can only agree with the above.

A really good weekend, has a very nice family atmosphere which makes such a difference to an exhibition.

post-6745-0-94264100-1488797653.jpg

post-6745-0-02448000-1488797682.jpg

Thanks for inviting me and putting on another great weekend, a big thanks to the Scouts for looking after us all so well!

Roll on next year  for the 10th Anniversary!

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Had a fairly brief, but very enjoyable visit to the show this morning with my daughter. It was nice to catch up with lots of friendly faces. Sorry to those I missed (the little one did not hang around long at many exhibits). Some great layouts on show, all of an achievable size. The 009 layout was the highlight for me. Lots of inspiration for my own 00 gauge quayside layout. Great to see the latest offering from the Little Layout Company and Ian's new child friendly creation.

I picked up a few bits and pieces from the trade stands - plenty of choice too. There was the usual bacon cob from the kitchens. Must have been good as my daughter demolished the lot.

If I had a minor criticism, and it is only minor, there was too many modern image layouts and a lack of steam era. That said the quality of modelling on show was excellent. Glenellen Castle is stunning. I loved the box file layout too.

Well done to the organisers. A great show. Inspired idea to have the brio and colouring sheets out for the children. I look forward to the 10th anniversary event next year.

Thanks for making the trip to our show and your kind comments Andy :) 

Fair point about the Steam/D&E mix. It's just how it fell this year with our main layout having to withdraw due to ill health. Summat Colliery will be there in 2018 to start off the steamies ;)

Thanks for making the trip to our show and your kind comments Andy :) 

Fair point about the Steam/D&E mix. It's just how it fell this year with our main layout having to withdraw due to ill health. Summat Colliery will be there in 2018 to start off the steamies ;)

Summat Colliery is a cracking layout.

Another good show, spent a very pleasant couple of hours there yesterday and enjoyed it very much. I'd agree with the comments above though, the abundance of modern(ish) era layouts did give a bit of an imbalance, particularly as there was no shortage of MPDs. Trade support must have been good as well, I spent a few quid more than expected.

Best of luck with next years anniversary event, 'can't believe its now approaching ten years since that first show though.

Archived