Signalling on layout: ffestiniog

I recently acquired a large secondhand 009 and 00 layout. Currently it features no signals .

I'm wondering if someone an point me in the direction of what signals are needed for both sides. The 00 there is just a single line (no loop ) to the platform for b ffestiniog. Should there be home signal for departing. As for the 009 side I'm not sure what signalling ffestiniog use. I hope someone can help

Andy

The FFestiniog's signalling has always been a bit of a mixture and has changed a lot over the years. There is an overview on Festipedia: https://www.festipedia.org.uk/wiki/FR_Signals

In outline, when steam trains started the company installed signals which weren't particularly outdated compared to main line practice - but on most of the line they were never replaced so quickly did become very outdated, apart from the area around Blaenau which did get resignalled in the 1870s.

Since preservation the company has used a wide variety of signals - rotating signs planted in old boiler tubes; ex-GNR somersaults; multiple-lens colour lights; BR-style upper quadrant semaphores; reflective discs with LED lights and most recently semaphores with colour-changing LED lights.

Archived