Dame Vera Lynn WD 2-10-0 paint colour

twiggy1969

There is another thread about exactly this topic, into which I've suggested Bronze Green, as per traditional Landrover colour, because it was the WD standard for non-operational vehicles in the late 1940s (which is why Landrover used it as standard).

Check the other thread for the BS381C colour reference. (BS381C 224) http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/119798-wd-2-10-0-dame-vera-lynn-what-colour/

I think that Olive Drab is a US military colour (think Jeep, rather than Landrover), and NATO green is different again (think modern military Landrover).

Kevin

Edited by Nearholmer

Sorry to disagree Kevin but, although B.R. green is often referred to as "Brunswick Green" in the railway press, it is actually Middle Chrome Green as used by the G.W.R.     Land Rover deep bronze green is very close to Mid Chrome Green - Brunswick Green has more blue in it.

Cheers,

Ray.

Ray,

You are right about the BR green. I've taken that comment out, and I will correct the other thread too...... I'm kicking myself, because I knew that, and had forgotten!

But, I don't think that alters the probability that a WD loco would be Bronze Green.

Kevin

Edited by Nearholmer

• RMweb Premium

Bachmann produced a WD 2-8-0 in green some years ago - see if you can find a pic, perhaps on Ebay, that might help. Failing that, I could dig mine out and post a photo if you wish.

IIRC my 2-8-0 is in a drab matt green, definitely a "military" colour!

• 6 months later...