FB Systems, Bessan, Herault

Focalplane

This afternoon I paid a short vidit to FB Systems in Bessan, hopng they might sell Humbrol spray paints. They don't. The village is about a kilometer from Autoroute A9 Junction 34, east of Béziers. The opening hours are typical, a few hours in the moring, a few in the afternoon, closed at weekends. I am sure most of their business is mail order. The staff are friendly and helpful, though they do focus on HO with no Echelle 0 for me to browse.

I did find some very small two pin connectors, though, ten pairs for €19, which is a good deal.

They have some very nice RTR models, both European and North American, with an Athearn Genesis SP SD40 that caught my eye. Price over €300 though.

We got chatting about things and I eventually asked if they knew of any Gauge O clubs on the area. This generated a comment or two and sone wry smiles. Basically, the answer was "no!"

• 2 months later...

Another visit to Bessan, on the way back from Montpellier Airport, this time to source a load of Woodlands Scenics products at FB Systems.  They carry a good stock though not much of the coarse ballasts.  The sign on the door now states that they are only open for business from 10am to 12pm so the mail order business is obviously their main source of income.

• RMweb Gold

Mail order has always been important to them. Francis also does a lot of exhibitions which is why he is closed at weekends. US HO is his personal interest.

There are other zeroistes in the region but no clubs that I know of with an O gauge section.