CW Railways

Chris Chewter

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know about CW Railways? 

http://www.cwrailways.com/

I've been trying to get in contact with them about one of their products, but can't get through.  

There doesn't appear to be a telephone number, and two conflicting emails on the website.  The big question is, are they still trading?

Anyone know?

I used CW for about 3 years, to produce our patterns, but since Chris sold the business I have only used them once. I have not now used them for over 18months. I now use shapeways. What do you want printing?

Marc

I emailed him about a month ago and he replied and said

Following a recent death in the family I have my hands full dealing with related matters. If you don't mind waiting a few weeks, I will get back to you with a quote

• RMweb Gold

I used CW for about 3 years, to produce our patterns, but since Chris sold the business I have only used them once. I have not now used them for over 18months. I now use shapeways. What do you want printing?

Marc

They advertise a SR lamp hut kit which is perfect for my L&B project. I've not seen anyone else advertising this model elsewhere. Looks like I either have to wait or find another solution.

Not sure if this is of use to you.

Lamborne Hut Small

Scratchy BTM Hut and Loo

Its not a SR building but it is cast concreate hut. Its actually the lamp hut from Lamborne on the Lamborne Valley Light railway. We sell them as a kit for £10. I use it as a ground frame hut on our "Scratchy Bottom" layout which moves location so I have a few of them in different liveries. I don't think anyone has noticed.

Marc

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just to let you know, I had a reply from Tim at CW Railways on the 23rd March.  I had hoped that I would be posting to let you know that the kits were on their way but unfortunately not.  Currently he's out of stock and needs to print a new batch.  Just patiently waiting for him to let me know that the kits are ready to order once more.

Archived