Model Shops in NE Scotland?

Alex TM

Models Unlimited Inverurie NE Scotland is still in existence. It’s closed on Tuesday as are most of the shops in Inverurie. 

GT Models, and Bobs Models no longer exist in Aberdeen. Peterhead also has no model shop (plastic kits wise).

Hope that helps, the internet spoilt it for these wee shops. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

That's good to know from when I'm next up that way.

Interesting to note that KMS have their address as Alford, their store as Inverurie, and their telephone number as Edinburgh!

Regards,

Alex.

I talked to the chap from KMS at the last Aberdeen Model Railway show and as I understand it he runs the business part time from his home as an online supplier only but with some stock held at Strachans.  I was happy to support a local model railway business and they provided good service and communications so definitely will go back to them in future.

Jonathan

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/07/2019 at 18:22, Alex TM said:

Hi,

That's good to know from when I'm next up that way.

Interesting to note that KMS have their address as Alford, their store as Inverurie, and their telephone number as Edinburgh!

Regards,

Alex.

Hi Alex, The address online is a strange one! The site does not make it very obvious that the address at the bottom is "head office" and there is a section for physical stores (which for us is only 1 right now). However, as you say, our addresses are as follows:

Alford (head office - where the business is registered)

Inverurie - the physical shop.

Edinburgh - Actually, this is just a Skype number. it allows all our staff to take calls on our devices even when not in the store. Its not really an Edinburgh number!

I hope this helps!

Mike

• Thanks 1