For all you homesick Canadians

shortliner

That's because if they open any more Timmies in Canada, we'll all be lost forever.

Turn Right at the 'tummy hurtn's" will loose all meaning when every block has one on each corner !

(That's Halifax for you)

We're waiting for one in Sooke.  Been waiting a while, looks like we will be waiting a while longer.  T'Sooke nation was going to open one, but I suspect there are ongoing negotiations about that.

James

It's funny, but I lost all taste for Tim's when i lived in the UK. A large double-double is as flavourful as a cup of warm water with a bit of milk and sugar in it.

I hope my citizenship doesn't get revoked for that. I don't have a second to fall back on.

It's funny, but I lost all taste for Tim's when i lived in the UK. A large double-double is as flavourful as a cup of warm water with a bit of milk and sugar in it.

I hope my citizenship doesn't get revoked for that. I don't have a second to fall back on.

Funny you should mention that. The last time I had a double-double was at least 40 years ago. The first thing to go was the sugar then the cream, now I drink my coffee black. Never did see what all the fuss was about except to get kids hooked.

Cheers,

David

Never a big fan of their coffee. Tastes like over burnt mud. double sugar and double milk is to hide the repulsive flavour. Timbits on the other hand.  :sungum:

They tried the UK market twice before. Glasgow isn't really the first Timmie's. That honour went to Clackett Lane services on the M25 about 14 years ago. Also several Spar stores across the UK. 

When I left Canada in '89 there weren't any Tim Hortens in my neck of the woods (Montreal) and I had never even heard of the name. When I came back 11 years later they were everywhere and just as popular as Starbucks. I tried a Starbucks once and wasn't impressed and I tried a Tim Hortens once and was just as unimpressed. I have to agree with jaym481... tasteless!!

Archived