MSE SN30 2MM signal posts

Hi , I have the parts required to build 5 MSE Semaphore signals using the SN30 posts but am wondering how to disguise the wires that will necessarily run up the outside of the solid posts to the Micro SMD mounted in the lamp ?

Hi,

1) I doubt you will get any smd led (even the very smallest) to fit inside a scale lamp.

2) Why not use brass tube instead? Suitable sizes are available, through which you can run either the wires or fibre-optic cable (which can be fitted, with care through a Modelu lamp - see my thread below)

Thank you Stephen , I definately saw somewhere and I think on here a guy fitting a tiny led into a 2mm scale lamp and using some kind of nail varnish from Boots to secure it in place , someone else suggested model aircraft canopy glue for the same job .The signals in that case were 2mm but used etched brass lattice type posts so the wires were fairly simple to hide , I caanot use Lattice posts as the signals are required for a specific location that used the tubular posts , I may at the end of the day just settle for non illuminated Semaphores as I want the overall right prototypical look more than I need illumination .

Archived