BR diesel shunter locomotives with sector markings

There were a few with partial markings (e.g. the general red and yellow strip beside the cab doors), quite a few with the depot plaques, but I'm not sure if any had the full markings, if for no other reason than there was not enough room on the body sides for them.

I would be very happy to be proved wrong, though.

There were a few with partial markings (e.g. the general red and yellow strip beside the cab doors), quite a few with the depot plaques, but I'm not sure if any had the full markings, if for no other reason than there was not enough room on the body sides for them.

I would be very happy to be proved wrong, though.

You are wrong answer and I believe BR was doing small marking logo on cabside of class 08 / 09 because no chance sector large logo on shunter side over reason how maintenance man need open doors to access the engine

Well, as I said, there were some with the strip; Bachmann modelled one (catalogue 32-122) with the red and yellow triangles next to the cab door and the depot plaque on one of the footplate boxes.

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1302_1_2573183.html (I have no connection with Antics, simply using the link to their photo to illustrate what I mean).

You are wrong answer and I believe BR was doing small marking logo on cabside of class 08 / 09 because no chance sector large logo on shunter side over reason how maintenance man need open doors to access the engine

Edited by me as in hindsight my response was quite harsh.

Everyone communicates in different ways and nobody is perfect, me included.

If SRMan was offended he can certainly defend himself and doesnt need me clumsily jumping in.

Apologies for any offence.

You are wrong answer!! Really!

Well that's a great response to someone trying to help you out with some info.

Why should people even bother to respond?? What an a..!

Ps. What does "You are wrong answer" even mean by the way? Is this some sort of new internet/forum use of language I'm not aware of?

Pps. Try doing your own research.

I has searched by photo of shunter and info last weekend and not enough get that online

You are wrong answer!! Really!

Well that's a great response to someone trying to help you out with some info.

Why should people even bother to respond?? What an a..!

Ps. What does "You are wrong answer" even mean by the way? Is this some sort of new internet/forum use of language I'm not aware of?

Pps. Try doing your own research.

I have no connection with the O.P.

But I do find your response somewhat insensitive.

Brian R

Thank you for found photo

08770 ran for a number of years in plain BR dark grey and carried 'Coal Sector' markings on the bonnet doors. 

http://www.martinbray-ukloco.com/images/class08-w/08770-margamd-191003-w.jpg

Brian R

Thank you for found photo

There you go: that coal sector one proved me wrong. :)

I am still doubtful that you'll find a metals sector one, but the photo does prove there are prototypes for just about everything.

p.s. If all else fails, it's your layout, so Rule 1 applies: if you like it, you can run whatever you like on your layout. I have a few fictional liveries on mine, just for fun.

Please keep things civil and remember that some members are not posting in their native language.

You think you’ve got problems. What are you supposed to do if you are a manically depressed robot?

Please keep things civil and remember that some members are not posting in their native language.

You think you’ve got problems. What are you supposed to do if you are a manically depressed robot?

Understood, have edited my reactive post accordingly.

Apologies again for any offence.

Archived