DCC concepts ADS-2fx solenoid decoder

6 hours ago, Piskey said:

I'm having related problem with my AD-2Fx decoders, though I can't for the life of me think why.  These were working 100% correctly a couple of days ago.  Because I was having a problem with a digital Cobalt IP, DCC Concepts recommended that I reset my Digitrax DCS 51 to factory condition, which I did.  The problem with the Cobalt IP seems to have gone away but now none of the AD-2Fx boards are working correctly.  As mentioned above, when attempting to change direction all that happens is I hear a light click from the point motor, a Cobalt analogue one.  I can change the address of the decoder without any problem as when I do the light click sound then moves to the new address.  It really is frustrating.  From a Digitrax source is the suggestion of resetting the AD-2Fx to factory condition, but as far as I aware this isn't possible.  I certainly cannot find any mention of such an instruction on the DCC Concepts site.

Quite why resetting the DCS51 was recommended baffles me, other than the usual "blame the other maker's kit" approach.  I can't think of anything which would change the output for an accessory device which would be changed by a reset. 

I think you're going to have to remove at least one AD-2Fx from the layout to a test-bench, and on that bench wire it up to the DCS51 (and nothing else) and test just that combination.  Can you get it to work ?  Can a new address be set, then put into "run" ?  Does the centering and reverse-throw work ?   etc..   Then, apply what is learned to a AD-2Fx under the layout.   

- Nigel

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Did this issue get resolved? I had 4 ADS8FX's which i swapped for ADS8SX's. The issue could be where you may have inadvertantly shorted out the wires on the output of the adsfx to the particular point motor. Usually happens if you change wires over while power is still in the capacitor or its still powered up. All u get is a constant clicking until you disconnect it. I lost 3 outputs in the end which is ok as i was able to link points at crossovers etc as a form of inteelocking to over come it. When i spoke to dcc concepts, they advised that unfortunately, they cannot be repaired. 

Worth asking them though just in case.

Ian