Consisting with Prodigy

Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

I had a go at double heading tonight with my Prodigy System (Original version), I have two Bachmann 37s fitted with 36-553 chips and I managed to "Old consist" them as they don't support CV19 and can't use the advanced consisting. Once consisted all was fine the problem came when I cancelled the consist. After cancelling the consist the lead loco doesn't repond to its original address and whenever I call up its number it has Consist in front of it instead of loco in the display, the second loco from the consist returns to normal.

I have reprogrammed the loco to a different address and it responds as you would expect so it can't be the chip at fault, but it seems that the original consist hasn't cleared properly. Am I missing something obvious guys or please can anyone advise?

Hi Ian,

This sounds similar to a small problem i had with my Prodigy, only mine was a problem with clearing AFTER i had had a short!

This is the email i got back from Gaugemaster, hope it's of use;

Press the DBL HEAD button until oLd cLr appears, press the ENTER key and then unplug the walkabout to save the data changes. The short circuit sometimes causes loco addresses to be held in the consist memory, on occasions they sometimes get stuck if it's a big short circuit.

Technical Department

Email: technical@gaugemaster.co.uk <mailto:technical@gaugemaster.co.uk>

Web: www.gaugemaster.com <http://www.gaugemaster.com/>

Telephone: 01903 884488

Fax: 01903 884377

GAUGEMASTER Controls plc

Gaugemaster House

Ford Road

Arundel

West Sussex

BN18 0BN

United Kingdom

I hope this helps, i've also included all the Gaugemaster contact details so if it does not, you can email their technical department directly,

John E.

Guest 838rapid

Hi Ian.

Hold down the del-1 button on the controller.

It will show all the loco/consists that you have used.

Eventually this will stop and it will settle on the first number input to the controller.

This should clear your problems.

I have found that my (old) Prodigy has the same issues and this seems to work for me.

Good luck

• RMweb Premium

JohnE/Rapid

Thanks for your advice guys all sorted. John I did have a short when I was running the consist to start with so I guess that made it throw a wobbly. Rapid your advice using the Del-1 button solved the problem, now got a pair of 37s running well.icon_thumbsup2.gif

Archived