Layout with no name

Slowly progressing with my layout, based on Daniels verson of my Box Street refered to in his version as Piedmont Blues - Mine has been down-scaled to HO rather than O, as his is/will be. Mine will almost certainly be set further south than his, possibly almost as far as it can go without getting wet feet on the East Coast. So today I wired it up, power at the sector plate end, and power at the plug in extensions at the other. Loco runs, BUT no power in the middle! Grrrrr! It took me the better part of an hour of messing about to realise that it works a lot better if you actually have wires connected to the rails in the middle!!!. Now it runs as intended - though it needs some of the wiring tidying up and there is one siding that STILL needs wires connected to the far end of it. I'm coming to the conclusion that I am approaching BUFFERDOM (rapidly!) With luck photos will appear in the not too distant future.

BTW if anyone has any Rix/Pikestuff buildings, or a Walthers Lakeville warehouse, looking for a home, please PM, as I may well be interested.

Edited by shortliner
  • Like 1

I don't know how you got hold of my wiring diagram, Ray, but I managed very successfully not to include the red part in my original! went out this morning for a couple of fising weights to make the sector plate stay where it should be/is put, instead of tipping when a loco gets to the far end.

Edited by shortliner