Lancashire and Yorkshire inside Joy valve gear

dikitriki

Hi

I am about to fit Joy's inside valve gear into 2 L&Y locos - an Aspinall saddle tank and an Aspinall A class 0-6-0 tender loco. Examples of both of these locos have been preserved, and I am seeking the following information:

1) Does anyone have any pictures of the valve gear, and indeed any other pictures of between the frames. In particular I wish to see the rear of smokebox/top of valve chest area.

2) Does anyone have any drawings of these locos showing the inside valve gear.

3) What shape are the cranks, and are they the same in each loco.

I should say that I am familiar with how Joy's valve gear works, and have a drawing of it as applied to the L&Y 2-4-2, where it is horizontal, rather than inclined as I believe it is on the 2 locos I am modelling.

All help very much appreciated/any costs reimbursed.

Thank you

Richard Lambert

Hi Tony

Brilliant picture, and yes, it/they will do.

I do in fact mean the Aspinall rebuild to saddle tank of the Barton Wright 0-6-0 tender locos. The engine unit was the same (I now discover it had Stephenson Link motion, not Joy's), so the photos are very relevant.

So if you have any further pictures of the Barton Wright loco, I would be most grateful to have copies

I will email you.

Thanks

Richard

Hi Tony

Thanks very much for taking the time and trouble to post these - and for the photos sent privately.

The Joy valvegear is even more visible, and with the odd movement of the valve rods, working inside motion becomes a necesssity.

Cheers

Richard

Archived