Bluford Shops - outstanding service

Barry Ten

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick mention of the very helpful service I've had from Bluford Shops. 

I managed to damage a few of the couplers on some of my auto-parts box cars due to not storing them safely. These are

Accu-mate couplers so difficult to obtain at the moment. I contacted Bluford and they said they'd rustle me up some spares.

I offered to pay for parts and shipping but they very kindly sent me the items free of charge, across the Atlantic.

I have to say I've had nothing but excellent service and communication with all the US suppliers I've dealt with over

the years, whether it's for spares or warranty issues. I've also had the same experience with modelling suppliers

beyond the railroad sphere. You might have to wait a day or two but you always get a reply to an email or a contact

form. I'm afraid my experience of the customer service side of British suppliers has been a much more mixed bag.

.... and ain't that the truth!  US customer service has always been outstanding, regrettably I can't say the same about UK companies - there are times when it would be really, really nice to get them to answer the phone or an email message! although I have to say I have NEVER had a problem with an ebay supplier.

• Like 1