Class 92 booked freight workings

penyghent

I am just finalising an article about the Class 92s for Todays Railways UK magazine. I am wanting to know what freight services the class work nowadays.

With access to TOPS I can find what the  Caledonian Sleeper locos are doing so that's not a problem, however, the only working I could find for the DB Cargo ones today have been a Dollands Moor to Frethun working

So my question is, what if any are the booked freight workings for the DB Cargo examples, and what booked freight workings are there for the GBRf examples?

Any help appreciated thumbsup.gif

There are only 6 operational DB Class 92s in the UK and they are no longer certified to run under their own power on NR so they only work through the Channel Tunnel and on HS1 to Ripple Lane.

There are a few GBRF freight turns (including I believe one from Dollands Moor that uses 3rd rail) but I don't have the details.

Edited by DY444
  • Like 1

There are only 6 operational DB Class 92s in the UK and they are no longer certified to run under their own power on NR so they only work through the Channel Tunnel and on HS1 to Ripple Lane.

There are a few GBRF freight turns (including I believe one from Dollands Moor that uses 3rd rail) but I don't have the details.

The main GBRf one is the Dolland's Moor to Irvine china clay slurry, which I believe runs once a week. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Seems a terrible waste of a under used asset.  At least there being used in Bulgaria.

Julian Sprott

When EWS took over the freight operations they appeared to have something against Brush locomotives. The 47s were at the end of there working lives, but the 60s and 92s had years left on them however many were left to rot and then it was decided its to costly to resurrect them. The 92s were never used to full potential which is an utter waste.

When EWS took over the freight operations they appeared to have something against Brush locomotives. The 47s were at the end of there working lives, but the 60s and 92s had years left on them however many were left to rot and then it was decided its to costly to resurrect them. The 92s were never used to full potential which is an utter waste.

As we've said before, once you lease 250 class 66, you use them in preference to owned assets which cost you nothing to rot away in a siding

Since posting this I've learned that the Irvine train is 92 hauled southbound between Wembley and Dollands Moor but northbound a 66 is used with the 92 DIT. 

• Like 1

Since posting this I've learned that the Irvine train is 92 hauled southbound between Wembley and Dollands Moor but northbound a 66 is used with the 92 DIT. 

On Jun 14,  it was the 66 DIT at Acton Bridge. Piccies courtesy of Sandhole.

post-9992-0-80753200-1501525744_thumb.jpg

92028 was also out hauling 92023

post-9992-0-11302400-1501526001_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

Edited by Coach bogie
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Further update.  I gather that the northbound train was worked from Dollands Moor by a 92 (92010 I believe) using DC power on 4/8/17