Then and Now

BobM

Hi Guys....I am sorry if this topic is in the incorrect place or has been created previously....but just wondered whether it may be worthy (or not) to share images of various locations across the heritage and rail network that may provide inspiration for modelling.....or just for that ahhh feeling,,,?

Regards to all as always

Bob

To start us off...here is my second home as it once was in 1959....with 2207 carrying coal to Stourport Power Station

(Copyright to Kidder Railway Museum)

post-20610-0-62992500-1501450154_thumb.jpg

and one of my own of Arley Station as it is now....!

(Totally different motive power though for sure)

post-20610-0-88636300-1501451175_thumb.jpg

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Atmospheric pictures, though if the lady in the first pic hailed me like that I would open the throttle and head for the hills........

I wouldn't: in those days going into the section without the token would most likely be your last ever shift. Look carefully and you will see that she is the signalwoman holding out the token!

Paul.

• Like 1

I wouldn't: in those days going into the section without the token would most likely be your last ever shift. Look carefully and you will see that she is the signalwoman holding out the token!

Paul.

Hi

...This is Mrs. Jones, wife of the then Station Masters Fred Jones (who both lived int the station house and ran the station at the time), she is indeed offering the token for the Arley to Bewdley North Section..the token machine at that time housed within the SMO.....2207 running south from Highley Colliery and sidings with a load of coal for Stourport on Severn power station....atmospheric for sure....

Regards

Bob

Edited by BobM