Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann 37, loss of directional lighting

Hi All

Newby to DDC loco with directional lighting and need some help please.

I've laid a small test board, made up of track from my old layout. It was pretty dirty so was given a thorough clean prior to use. I was using it to test my two new Bachmann Class 37's.

The cab lighting and directional lighting were all good. Then all of a sudden the directional lights on one gave up the ghost but the cab lights still work.

Is it dirt from the track? If so, would that not stop the cab ones from working as well? Do i need to give the wheels a good clean?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks 

Mark

Hi All

Newby to DDC loco with directional lighting and need some help please.

I've laid a small test board, made up of track from my old layout. It was pretty dirty so was given a thorough clean prior to use. I was using it to test my two new Bachmann Class 37's.

The cab lighting and directional lighting were all good. Then all of a sudden the directional lights on one gave up the ghost but the cab lights still work.

Is it dirt from the track? If so, would that not stop the cab ones from working as well? Do i need to give the wheels a good clean?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks 

Mark

As it's only on the one end the directional lights have stopped working, (and the cab light still works)  it's most likely poor contact between the springy contacts on the nose and the chassis contacts. Try adjusting the spring brass contacts so they make better contact on the chassis pads. If you removed the bodies to fit DCC decoders, ensure the two screws at each end are fully tightened and the BB's are seated properly in the body. Also worth checking that you have not snagged the wires at the chassis ends with said screws. 

Edited by tractor_37260

As it's only on the one end the directional lights have stopped working, (and the cab light still works)  it's most likely poor contact between the springy contacts on the nose and the chassis contacts. Try adjusting the spring brass contacts so they make better contact on the chassis pads. If you removed the bodies to fit DCC decoders, ensure the two screws at each end are fully tightened and the BB's are seated properly in the body. Also worth checking that you have not snagged the wires at the chassis ends with said screws. 

Sorry, my original post was a bit misleading. I meant that both were DCC Fitted. One loco has both directional lights working ok and the second loco lights have stopped. I will open her up and have a check that nothing has come loose etc.

Thanks for the help provided. I will open her up and have a check that nothing has come loose etc.

Cheers

Mark