ECoS 50200 & Touch Cab

reggie

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded to the ECoS 50200 (great system really pleased with it!).

My layout is in the loft and I have the ECoS connected to LAN via PC with a crossover cable, so I can use VNC Viewer, access ECoS site etc.

The PC is connected to my Wifi via a  wireless TP Link, as I don't have a router in the loft.

My question is how do I connect the Touch Cab App on my Iphone to the ECoS - I enter the ISP of the ECoS in to Touch Cab, but it won't connect.

Any help or information is much appreciated.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Reggie

We connect touch cab via a router connected directly to ECoS which works well. I'm no IT wizz so I don't know what effect going through the lap top to your Lan might have but suspect that is problem. Have you a router you can plug directly in to ECoS to test this? Doesn't have to be connected to tinternet.

Cheers phil

• RMweb Gold

Hi Reggie

We connect touch cab via a router connected directly to ECoS which works well. I'm no IT wizz so I don't know what effect going through the lap top to your Lan might have but suspect that is problem. Have you a router you can plug directly in to ECoS to test this? Doesn't have to be connected to tinternet.

Cheers phil

You are asking the PC to act as a bridge between your WiFi network to which your iphone is connecting, and the ECoS/PC hard wired network. This may be a problem for you as the WiFi network IP addresses will start 192.168 whereas the two devices on your wired network will have IP addresss starting 169.254. Because the PC is part of both networks, it can access both networks, but AFAIK, a device on one network will not be able to access devices on the other network, and vice versa.

You may be able to configure your PC to bridge the two networks, but it's not soething that Ive personally done.

Another solution is to get a WiFi network extender with an ethernet port, or an ethernet to WiFi adapter, or a wireless access point, to which you connect the ECoS, giving the ECoS direct access to your WiFi network. The ECoS will get its IP address from your router and will be in the 192.168 range and yout iphone should then be able to communicate with your ECoS. The advantage of this method is that you don't need the PC, the ECoS and iphone connect by WiFi via the WiFi router.

Edited by GoingUnderground

Hi Phil & GoingUnderground

Thanks for your quick replies. I suspected having the ECoS Connected through the PC may be the problem. 

I did config the ip addresses to be 192.168.xxx on the ECoS and the pc, but still without any success.

I think getting a wifi extender with ethernet port may be the best solution.

Cheers

Reggie