RMweb

Lydney Model Railway show 2017 - 23rd & 24th September

Derails Models

• RMweb Gold

2018 show sponsored by:

36772088616_5dea590a18.jpg

logo by Derails Models, on Flickr

Hello everyone!

Fast approaching this month is the 16th annual Lydney Model Railway show on the Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th September 2017, run by the Forest of Dean Model Railway club. This years show features over 20 layouts in scales N, TT, OO, ON30, O, and up to live steam garden railways including the fantastic Cheltenham South and Leckhampton ! There will be trade support in the form of 6 traders, who between them can supply new model railways (Derails Models), baseboard and layout building services (Elite Baseboards), second hand model railways (Clive Reid), laser-cut buildings (DK Laser Buildings), tools and accessories (Amberly Services) and railway books (Lightmoor Press).

The show is being held, as usual, at the Dean Academy (formerly Whitecross School), Church Road, Lydney, Gloucestershire, GL15 5DZ. We open 11am - 5pm on the 23rd, and 10am - 4pm on the 24th, there is ample parking at the school and catering provided by The Dean Forest Railway. There is disabled access to all parts of the exhibition.

Prices are: Adults: £5.00, Children under 5: free, Children under 16: £2.00 and Family (2+2): £10.00.

For more information,  find the exhibition on the UK model shop directory (click here). This years show is shaping up to be a good show, so I hope to see at least a few of you there! Why not combine it with a trip on the local Dean Forest Railway who are also running steam trains on their 4 1/2 mile section of heritage line and make a complete day of it?

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I called in for the last hour today (it's been a busy weekend). My second visit but still surprised at the number of layouts featured, plenty to see, and decent trade support too.

Well worth the effort.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm glad all that came enjoyed the show. Numbers were good and all of the exhibitors seemed to leave happy (except Tim above who's purchase of some Birdcage stock was stopped by the domestic authorities! ;) ). We had a very good selection of layouts in all different scales, quite a few of which had not been seen in our area before!

Thank-you to everyone that came, we're back the same time next year - I'd put it in your diary now!   :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

I'm glad all that came enjoyed the show. Numbers were good and all of the exhibitors seemed to leave happy (except Tim above who's purchase of some Birdcage stock was stopped by the domestic authorities! ;) ).   :sungum:

Or maybe it wasn't ;)