4mm Scale GWR 4-6-0 Below Cab Sandboxes/Pipework. Does anyone produce them?

• RMweb Gold

I'm in the process of detailing an Hornby/Dapol 1000 County Class. I'm aware of the shape issues and width of cab/tender however I've noticed the model is missing the prominent sandboxes under the cab. Does anyone produce them or a generic GWR sandbox casting? I've checked the Alan Gibson and David Geen catalogues but it appears they are not part of their ranges. 

Also the below cab pipework is missing. I was thinking of making this from scratch but wondered whether an aftermarket part existed? Does any have any good images of the pipework or plans available? The images I have are mainly 3/4 front views not showing the detail.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 46444
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Weaselfish,

Thanks for your reply!

Wow! The Phoenix versions fit the bill nicely...I  was going to look at the 247 Sandboxes but no need now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Gold

No problem at all. I've got an old Dapol County myself, so I'll certainly be interested to read more on your project. Also, Silver Sidelines of this forum has done some work on Counties which may be of interest:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/880/entry-15566-silk-purse-%E2%80%93-airfix-tender-drive-county/ 

Things are progressing nicely here with 1022.  Over the week hopefully I can get the paintwork touched in.  If the sandboxes arrive before them I should be able get a wiggle on.

Ray's County project kind of got the ball rolling with my own take on Hornby's pre-Railroad version...

I'll do a blog entry soon.

Cheers,

Mark